Four Wheel Drive Victoria has been notified by Parks Victoria that due to the impact of the recent severe weather including storms and flooding, Frys Flat campground is closed until further notice.
Parks Victoria have assessed and found it necessary to close Fry’s flat campground and Howqua Hills Track between Sheepyard Flat and Steiner’s Road for the safety of the public and environment.
Alternative horse yards available are tunnel bend and 7 mile flat if you wish re-book at either of these venues. The affected area will reopen when assessed as safe to do so.
For further information please call 13 19 63 and remember to use Parks Victoria’s website for the most up to date information on park Change of Conditions.
Please remember to:
- Download the VicEmergency App available through the App Store or Google Play – The app can be personalised by creating ‘watch zones’ for any area, so alerts are sent for incidents and warnings nearby
- Visit Parks Victoria – flood and storm impacted parks webpage for the most up to date park information
- Use the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning - More to Explore app
- Bureau of Meteorology – forecasts and river levels
- Outdoor Council of Australia - Australian Adventure Activity Standards to ensure best practice planning, preparation and delivery is being maintained
Conditions in parks can change quickly. Please always check Parks Victoria’s website www.parks.vic.gov.au and the change of conditions and closures page before visiting parks.