Four Wheel Drive Victoria has been advised by Parks Victoria that the Victorian Government have announced additional restrictions from 1pm on Saturday, 21 August 2021.
The current restrictions on tours in parks are detailed below:
• Metropolitan Melbourne: Tours and tourism activity is not permitted. Travelling to regional Victoria is not permitted.
• Regional Victoria: Tours and tourism activity is not permitted. Travelling to Metropolitan Melbourne is not permitted.
There may be other directions that apply to your business. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the full details at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Visit https://www.parks.vic.gov.au/get-into-nature/safety-in-nature/covid-19-update for more information on park closures. All park visitors are reminded to practice good hygiene, including staying 1.5 metres apart, regularly sanitising their hands and wearing a fitted face mask.
VTIC information hub: https://hub.vtic.com.au/
What are the penalties for not following the restrictions?
Victoria Police can issue on the spot fines of up to $4,957 for individuals and up to $9,913 for businesses for:
• Refusing or failing to comply with the emergency directions
• Refusing or failing to comply with a public health risk power direction
• Refusing or failing to comply with a direction by the Chief Health Officer to provide information.
Fines of up to $20,000 for individuals and $100,0000 for businesses are possible through the court system.