Four Wheel Drive Victoria would like to remind our members that the Victorian Government has announced the lockdown in regional Victoria will lift from 11:59pm, Monday 9 August 2021.
The current situation is:
• Metropolitan Melbourne: Tours and tourism activity is not permitted.
• Regional Victoria: Tours and tourism activity permitted. COVID Check-in Marshals must ensure attendees check-in.
There may be other directions that apply to your business. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the full details at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Visit https://www.parks.vic.gov.au/get-into-nature/safety-in-nature/covid-19-update for more information on park closures. All park visitors are reminded to practice good hygiene including regularly sanitising their hands and wearing a face mask.
coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/
VTIC information hub: https://hub.vtic.com.au/
What are the penalties for not following the restrictions?
Victoria Police can issue on the spot fines of up to $4,957 for individuals and up to $9,913 for businesses for:
• Refusing or failing to comply with the emergency directions;
• Refusing or failing to comply with a public health risk power direction
• Refusing or failing to comply with a direction by the Chief Health Officer to provide information.
Fines of up to $20,000 for individuals and $100,0000 for businesses are possible through the court system.