At Four Wheel Drive Victoria our vision is:
To create and maintain a vibrant, professional and representative Association to serve the needs of all four wheel drivers in the State of Victoria for their recreational activities under the mantra of "Driving in a sustainable environment"
At Four Wheel Drive Victoria our mission is:
- To promote and advance four wheel drive touring as a responsible recreation.
- To promote vehicle based dispersed bush camping.
- To encourage and foster the development of Four Wheel Drive Clubs.
- To promote an active interest in conservation and the protection of the environment.
- To co-ordinate and promote the activities of affiliated clubs, members, and associated bodies, and sporting activities.
- To acquire, preserve and disseminate information relating to the recreation of four wheel driving.
Code of Ethics
- Abide by the Tread Lightly Principles for Responsible Recreation, along with Outdoor Recreation Victoria Incorporated Guidelines.
- Enjoy your recreation and respect the right of others.
- Support four-wheel drive touring as a responsible and legitimate family recreational activity. Consider joining an affiliated four-wheel drive club.
- Assist other parties in difficulty, provided that this action does not adversely affect the safety of the group.
- Obey the laws and regulations for recreational vehicles that apply on public lands.
- Respect the cultural, heritage and environmental values of public/private land, by obeying restrictions that may apply.
- Respect our flora and fauna. Stop and look, but never disturb.
- Keep to formed vehicle tracks.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry your own rubbish in and out.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and clean to reduce any environmental impact.
- Adopt minimal impact camping and driving practices.
- Seek permission before driving on private land. Do not disturb livestock or watering points, leave gates as found.
- Ensure adequate resources are carried to maintain safety of vehicles and personnel.
- Plan ahead and lodge trip details with a responsible person.
This code supports the national recreational vehicle policy and is valuable only if you observe it.
Produced by the Australian National Four Wheel Drive Council in the interest of promoting responsible recreational vehicle use.
Our Association Rules are here Rules Nov 2019 for you to view.
ABN 40 891 301 368
ASSN No: A0013539S