Ovens Complex Fires – Public Land and Roads Closures
Four Wheel Drive Victoria have been advised that parts of the Alpine National Park and State Forest in the Tea Tree Range, Barry Mountains, Upper Buffalo and Upper Buckland Valleys are closed due to fire activity including:
• Australian Alps Walking Track - closed east of Speculation and west of Mt Murray Logging Road
• Mt Selwyn and the Barry Mountains area is closed
• Tea Tree Range area – closed north of Water Spur Track.
• Wonnangatta Valley remains open, however northern access routes are closed via the Upper Buckland and Upper Buffalo Valleys. Access to Wonnangatta Valley is open from the west and from the south via Dargo and Licola.
• Upper Buffalo Valley – Abbeyard Road is restricted to local residents only south of Manna Gums campsite. Tea Tree, Blades and Manna Gum campsites are open. There is no access to camping areas along the Buffalo River south of Manna Gums camp.
• Upper Buckland Valley – restricted access south of Beveridges Station - Mt Selwyn Road and Montana Track are closed. Selwyn Creek Road is closed south of Mt Murray Logging Road. Visitor Sites open:
• Buckland Valley is open to Beveridges Station, including camping areas on the Buckland River.
• Mt Cobbler and Lake Cobbler Camping area are now open with access via Lake Cobbler Road. Cobbler Lake Track remains closed from the intersection with Abbeyards Road to the intersection with Lake Cobbler Road.
• King Hut, Top Crossing, Sandy Flat and Pineapple Flat camping areas are open.
• Paradise Falls
• Powers Lookout •
Lake William Hovell
• Mt Buffalo National Park remains opens, however access to Lake Catani for swimming and boating may be closed due to fire operations.
• Manna Gum , Tea Tree and Blades Camping Sites. Abbeyard Closed to public south of Manna Gum (Resident Access Only)
Stay informed: https://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au/ www.emergency.vic.gov.au www.parks.vic.gov.au