The Hume Region planned burning program will continue this week with planned burns scheduled for ignition, subject to suitable conditions.
Planned burns are scheduled in and around the following locations over the coming seven days:
- Upper Murray District - Fuel reduction burns may occur near Granya, Burrowye and Fernvale.
- Ovens District - Fuel reduction burns near Beechworth, Barambogie, Cheshunt, Tawonga, and Germantown.
- Murrindindi District - Fuel reduction burns near Alexandra, Flowerdale, Hazeldene and Castella and timber harvesting regeneration burns near Alexandra, Marysville and Toolangi.
- Goulburn District - Fuel reduction burns near Archerton, Woods Point, Tatong and Sawmill Settlement.
Autumn is a critical time to conduct this important work when weather conditions are mild and stable. We work closely with the Bureau of Meteorology to assess weather conditions such as humidity, temperature and wind speed and will only carry out burns when conditions are suitable
- Visit the DELWP website delwp.vic.gov.au/fire-and-emergencies
- Call the Victorian VicEmergency Hotline on freecall 1800 226 226
- Visit Vic Emergency Website www.emergency.vic.gov.au
- Download the Vic Emergency App on your mobile device
Sign up for automated Planned Burn Notifications (PBNS) about planned burns near you via delwp.vic.gov.au/fire-and-emergencies/planned-burning-notifications-system