PLANNED BURN - MURRAY GOLDFIELDS DISTRICT
Start Date: THURSDAY 8 NOVEMBER 2018 End Date: FRIDAY 9 NOVEMBER 2018
Forest Fire Management Victoria and CFA advise that the following planned burning will be carried out tomorrow, weather conditions permitting:
National Fire Investigation Training – Barkers Creek : Fuel reduction burn, 24.2 hectares, 3.5 kilometres north west of Castlemaine in the Walmer State Forest.
National Fire Investigation Training – Castlemaine : Fuel reduction burn, 10.3 hectares, 2.5 kilometres north west of Castlemaine in the Walmer State Forest.
These burns should be completed between 0900 and 2000 hours on Thursday 8 November. You may see smoke until Friday 9 November. You may be affected by smoke from these planned burns.
Smoke may be visible from Castlemaine and Harcourt.
What to do about:
• If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health and Human Services advises that you should seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024
• Close windows and doors to prevent smoke from entering ROADS
• Road travel may be hazardous due to low visibility associated with smoke
• Signs may be in place to slow traffic. Obey all traffic signs and instructions from fire agency crews near the burn
ACCESS TO FOREST/PARK RECREATION SITES
• Be aware of planned burns happening in your local area and stay clear of areas where burns are taking place or areas that have recently been burnt
• Access to walking tracks, car parks, camping grounds and picnic sites in areas close to or in burn areas may be restricted
For parks closures, please refer to Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/