You can escape every day life and explore new areas with your friends and family on a four wheel drive adventure, but the right preparation is essential to a safe and enjoyable trip.
- Drive vehicles only on formed roads and vehicle tracks that are open to the public
- Stay off tracks that are too wet, or have been recently graded
- Lower tyre pressures to increase traction, minimize track damage and reduce chance of punctures
- Avoid wheel spin and churning up the track surface
- Remove fallen trees or limbs from roads; don’t create new tracks by driving around them
- Cross rivers and streams only where river crossings are clearly marked. Check depths and drive slowly
- Use a tree protector if winching is required and only use wheel chains as a last resort
The best way to enjoy four wheel driving is by joining one of the many four wheel driving clubs in Victoria. Contact Four Wheel Drive Victoria for more information.